Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Changing of the Name

So, we decided to change Gabriel's name. I was never too excited about that name; it just didn't seem like that was HIS name. Anyway, tonight it was driving me crazy that this baby isn't named, so I had a face off with Daddy. We each came up with a list of 5 names that we liked. Then we traded lists. I chose one of the names he'd come up with and he chose one of the ones I'd come up with that we liked. Then we put those two names in a hat and Wee One drew one out. So it ends up that the baby's name is Eddie. I love that name!!!! That definitely seems like it is HIS name.

3 comments:

Krista said...

My Joshua and Victoria were named before they were born. Austin and Savannah weren't even named until way after they were born (Austin several hours, Savannah the next day)Natashia and Isabella I knew their first names when they were about to be born and filled in the middles after they were born. Its a tricky thing. You've got to live with it and they've got to live with it. You have to call and holler it a lot, so you should like it. And they'll go through a small window of time when they hate it. But I'm glad you came to an agreement and are excited about your boy's name! (And I thought it would have been another "C" name.) ;)

Shilowe said...

Well, I'm glad you found a name that you like. Trever always says that if he gets another baby brother then he wants to name him "Thomas the Train." ha ha

Anonymous said...

Sue, you come up with the cutest names! I love Eddie! I bet he'll be the cutest Eddie ever!!! Congrats on choosing a name! :)

ani